Sunday, January 18, 2009

I did a pushup!!!!

Okay, it wasn't a real pushup (as my DH would say), but I did do a "girl" pushup!!  I don't know when the last time was that I did that.  I feel that I am accomplishing baby steps towards one big goal.  How exciting!!!

I am still sticking with my JC eating plan and it is wonderful!!  Tonight for dinner I had chicken fajitas and they tasted just like the ones I get from the restaurant.  I even sautéed some extra onion and green pepper.  Delicious!!  I still have one more fruit to eat tonight and I am still full from dinner.  

Another small accomplishment for me was the cookie challenge.  It is basically the same as the brownie challenge I had a few days ago.  I passed it!!  I made some cookies for some people for church and my kids and I didn't even try one!!!  Normally I would have had a minimum of 8 cookies.  I'm not even kidding.  Then I would finish the rest off in the morning, even eating some for breakfast.  It is no wonder I need a new eating lifestyle.  :)

Okay, this next one is kind of "girly" so I hope I don't offend anyone.  Normally I get really bad PMS every month and this month I did not get any!  Okay, I cried in my pillow two nights ago, but that is SOOOO much better than usual!  I guess this working out business is good for so much more than losing weight!

6 comments:

  1. I really agree with you about the cookies. I love your honesty on this blog. I totally need to start a diet and exercise routine. Thanks for the example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, that is all so awesome. And I'm hearing ya on the PMS stuff! A few years ago when I followed South Beach Diet so well, I was not sick all winter and even my seasonal affective disorder was almost non-existant! Then I fell off the wagon and been regretting it ever since! So amazing the different parts of our lives that a healthy lifestyle can fix! Thanks for sharing, and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on :)
    I tried to leave a comment yesterday but the verification thingie never came up and it didn't let me submit, ugh.
    Hopefully this will work!
    My tips: loose your weight SLOWLY! I lost some 25 pounds over the term of probably a year at a pound a week, later a pound a month. I didn't start very heavy, so these were the dreaded last pounds if you wish. Never gained anything back. My secret? I stopped eating ANYthing that contains refined sugar altogether. Very very easy. You never need to enter the aisles at a supermarket again.... just go around the outside LOL!
    But doing this after a year or so, my brain STILL says: ohhh eating this will make you feel good etc etc. I do wonder if this will ever stop! It does become weird though at gatherings and such, as I also refuse to eat non-organic food....there is basically nothing I would choose to eat outside of my home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Robyn

    You are so inspiring and motivating. Hang in there! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn:
    You go girl! I'm so proud of you! My DH and I started on Weight Watchers last week (he goes to the meetings which I hate and he seems to need for support) - I can't start an exercise program until I start pulmonary therapy next month since I need to understand how to deal with my newly diagnosed COPD and I just don't know how to handle the lack of oxygen yet! But, I'm sure I will be able to do some exercising too! Will watch your progress!
    KraftyChick from the Cricut MB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about feeling better. I feel so much better about me by working out. I have been a little bit of a slacker the last few days because of a cold and I miss it. I start to feel fat again.

    ReplyDelete