Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Second 5K Race

Can you believe I ran another 5K race???? A friend of mine talked me into signing up for another 5K race that was scheduled for today and I am so glad she did!! Karlee & ,I along with our husbands, all had a blast running today's 5K. Us girls ran it in 30:43, which beat my old time!!! We both also placed 3rd in our age group!!!! I GOT A MEDAL FOR RUNNING!!!!! I feel like a running STAR!!! Of course I know, it's only a 5K, but to me it was SOOOO super BIG!!!

Here are the pics of the day.....


It's so neat that my husband and I now both share a running hobby. We have many goals for the future that we want to accomplish TOGETHER!

Here is me and Karlee after the race. We sent our husbands out to the car to get our cameras so we could capture it all on film. We must be scrapbookers, huh??

Funny story.... Just about 2 k's into the race we noticed that there were some runners now running our direction. We totally thought they were the marathon runners who had started 1 1/2 hours before we did. We were cheering for them, screaming, telling them they are AWESOME!! Then we realize that they are the 5K runners!!! At the halfway point you have to turn around and come back!! We were only a little bit behind the people we were cheering on!!! Honestly, when we thought they were the marathon runners our speed picked up, our energy level got higher, and we just were pumped. After we realized that we were in the same race then it was pretty funny. :)


After we were done running we thought it would be fun to go back out on the course and cheer the marathon runners on. Karlee and I were doing cartwheels, "WHOOOOING", and doing kicks for them! Some of the marathon runners loved it and we felt that it also annoyed some. :) It was soooo super fun, though!! I really want to attend marathons just so I can be a cheerleader for them and keep their spirits up. What an amazing accomplishment for them!! We are setting a goal to run a marathon in October 2010. Just 1 year and 5 months away!!!



Here is a pic of Karlee and me with our 3rd place medals. We both placed 3rd place in our age group. Of course they were 10 years apart!!! What a fun day. I am going to miss Karlee sooooo much when she moves in 2 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment