Sunday, October 4, 2009

Marathon Pics!



Hi Everybody!!!

It seems like it has been forever since I've updated this blog! Life has been sooo crazy! I wanted to post some pics from the Top of Utah Marathon that me and my DH ran on September 19th. It was an experience of a lifetime. I ran it in 4 hours and 31 minutes! Not bad for a first timer!!

Here I am with my new Gypsy on the plane. I just got this the day before and was so excited to take it with me on my trip. For those of you who don't know, the G is the new Iphone of the scrapbooking market!!


Here I am ready to go in my cute new pink outfit! I found this the day before at Target. The pants were so super comfy for the run. Great choice of clothing! I did have to take off the long sleeve shirt before the run even though it was freezing!


I had this shirt specially made for this marathon so that when my blog viewers saw me they would yell out "Go Pink Stamper!" Unfortunately I didn't hear that my entire run but I knew they were all there in spirit!


I had to take a pic by the bus, right? After all, I am a scrapbooker first! We rode on this bus for around 45 minutes to drop us off at the starting place up in the canyon. I couldn't believe I was going to have to run down that long stretch!


Here I am with my cute running partner..... my husband! It was so fun to train with him for the past 3 months. We have a great new hobby that we can do together since I can't seem to drag him into my scrapbooking room and I'm not really interested in football!


I did it!!! I am an official Marathon Runner!! I cannot even believe it. It still feels like a dream. 26.2 miles is a loooooooooong distance and I ran most of it with a smile on my face. It was the coolest experience ever! We had such a blast that we are already talking about doing it again next year. We must be nuts!!


I was so very blessed to have been able to get a massage after in the massage tent. The lady that was giving it to me couldn't believe that I would fly all the way from Oklahoma just to run a marathon! The massage was very relaxing but kind of painful, too, since every muscle in my body was on fire!


So....... would I recommend doing a marathon???? You betcha, I would!! It was the best experience I have had in my life next to childbirth and joining my church. What an incredible thing to accomplish in my lifetime. If any of you would like to do it, I will support you 100%. Just shoot me an e-mail anytime you have any questions!

Blessings to you all and thanks for your support!!

11 comments:

  1. You look amazing! That is so awesome that you have accomplished this! You are very inspiring!! Keep up all the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW congratulations on the marathon that is so awesome. I LOVE the outfit, I'm a pink girl also. You look so awesome and so fit and skinny you are an inspiration to anyone that needs to lose weight. GREAT JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn, I am soooo happy you updated the blog with those fabulous photos! I am in awe of your accomplishment! A big CONGRATULATIONS to you!! You look amazing - not just super skinny, but healthy and glowing too!!
    I'm on an injury break from running at the moment - I was up to 5 miles but now sidelined due to a muscle strain on my hip. I am so afraid this will be the beginning of the end, but I keep thinking of your toes and how you were able to overcome that injury and think there is hope for me yet. I'm just not good at being patient! LOL! Ok, sorry for the long post! Rock On!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, I would love to hear what other exercises you are doing cause you look FANTASTIC. Can you share your routine????

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty. I have been doing A LOT of running and for cross training I do the bike and the elliptical plus weight lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the compliment Robyn! I was pleased with my time too. I know there will be many more marathons in my future. I am registered for one in May and want to do the Goofy Marathon in Jan 2011. It is a fun one in Disney World. You run the half marathon on the Saturday and the full on Sunday. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to take my family to Disney and add to the Marathon experience along the way. The top of Utah marathon looked fantastic. I might have to consider that one in the future too. LOL. So many marathons, so little time.

    Another one that you might want to consider is the San Francisco women's marathon. Finisher's get presented with a Tiffany's pendant at the end! I just need to convince my girlfriend that she wants to run the half marathon so we can go together and have a fun girls weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome!! Grats on completing it! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Big inspiration for me; I'm currently training for the Disney 2011 Marathon, and every week I'm running a new distance record for myself. Seeing you do it makes me believe I can do it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robyn

    I ran my first (and last) marathon 30 years ago...my husband proposed to me at the end saying that if I could run 26 miles with him that I would be able to spend the rest of my life with him.........the marathon was the EASY part!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Robyn!

    I'm currently training to run my first 5k in June. I started just wanting to lose weight, and then decided to get back into running. I've been doing the couch to 5k program with my mom and sister for about 4 weeks now. I'm def. progressing, but I was just wondering how you trained, and got to this point, and if you have any advice? What an accomplishment for you! What you did is amazing! I would love to be able to run the Mardi Gra Marathon here in Louisiana next year. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe I missed it, where was your marathon at?

    ReplyDelete