Thursday, June 18, 2009

I think I'm crazy!!

Okay, so I didn't even work out yesterday because I had my WW meeting in the morning then we had a pool play date at my house and we had over 25 kids here swimming and lots of moms, too. It was a VERY busy day!!! Oh ya, I lost another .4 pounds. I know it is small but it all adds up. I'd rather lose almost 1/2 of a pound than gain .2 of a pound!!!

Today I got up, did some chores, and decided to take my youngest little boys to the gym to play in the kids area while I worked out. my goal today was to run on the treadmill for 1 hour non stop at a 5 pace. I was trying for endurance today and not speed. I only lasted for 2 minutes at a 5 before I bumped it up to 6.5, then 6.0, then 7.0, and back down. You are going to freak when I tell you how many miles I RAN today!!! Okay, are you ready????? I ran for 9 miles straight without stopping!!!!! It took me 97 minutes!!! I just kept going and going!!! I am wiped out tonight but I am happy to see that I could do it. Maybe a marathon is not that far in the future for me.

I have to say this....... While I am running I don't love it but when I am done I do! I never knew that I had this in me and I am amazed every day! My body is really slimming from running. I can eat more normal, too, now that I am working out for at least an hour a day. I still try to stay within my point range, though. :)

I hope you are all having a fantastic week!! My DH and I are going to try to run around Lake Hefner again this Saturday. Wish us luck. The goal is to make it around the entire lake without stopping. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe 9 miles! You are ready to do a 1/2 marathon right now. You will be ready for a marathon next year. Good job! You are 128. You skinny woman. You are doing so fab! Love ya tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go!!! We are having the famous "Grandma's Marathon" this weekend in Duluth, MN. NO, I'm not running, it is a 26.5 (i think) mile run that starts in one city and ends in Duluth, it's a HUGE race that people from all over the world come to and you can't get a hotel this weekend any closer than 50 miles away! Maybe in a few years you will be here running!

    ReplyDelete