Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Marathon Training Schedule

Since many of you have asked I wanted to share my running schedule. This is by Hal Higdon. I do not run or exercise on Sundays so I had to switch my week around a bit. I just make sure I get the running in. Because we are starting our training later this time we have to start at week 8. I have already ran the 3 miles, 6 miles, and will do the 3 miles tomorrow. Our long run will be 13 miles this Saturday or we will just do the best we can.


Week
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thur
Fri
Sat
Sun
rest3 m run3 m run3 m runrest6
cross
rest3 m run3 m run3 m runrest7
cross
rest3 m run4 m run3 m runrest5
cross
rest3 m run4 m run3 m runrest9
cross
rest3 m run5 m run3 m runrest10
cross
rest3 m run5 m run3 m runrest7
cross
rest3 m run6 m run3 m runrest12
cross
rest3 m run6 m run3 m runrest13
cross
rest3 m run7 m run4 m runrest10
cross
rest3 m run7 m run4 m runrest15
cross
rest4 m run8 m run4 m runrest16
cross
rest4 m run8 m run5 m runrest12
cross
rest4 m run9 m run5 m runrest18
cross
rest5 m run9 m run5 m runrest14
cross
rest5 m run10 m run5 m runrest20
cross
rest5 m run8 m run4 m runrest12
cross
rest4 m run6 m run3 m runrest8
cross
rest3 m run4 m run2 m runrestrest
race

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I am going to try and do a 1/2 marathon in Dec. I know its far away, but Im far from being in shape for it. Good luck on your 13 mile run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robyn! That looks more with in reach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you do your long runs do you do them on your treadmill? What is your average speed? Do you take any walking breaks? Do you do any speedwork or hill routines?
    I am running my first Marathon in May and wonder sometimes exactly what is allowed and if I need to have certain days that I just work on speed/ and or hills. Etc
    Best of luck on your 13 miler!!!
    Sarah Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently training for a 15K. Wow a marathon I hope I can do that some day. Way to go Roybn.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Jane,

    We usually run the first 6 or 7 miles and then stop for about 10-20 seconds while we are drinking or gooing up. Yes, you need to change up your routine to include some hills, etc. Our first marathon didn't have a lot of hills but our next one has a lot so we will be doing a lot more training on hills. We do our long runs around the Lake every Saturday. Too long to run on a treadmill.

    Good luck!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did your run go?
    Sarah Jane:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great schedule, I ran the Disney Marathon when it was in it's 10th year, my dd was 18 months old, she's now 8 1/2, haven't run one since, lol...started stamping and scrapping instead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you Tara...I think I'd much rather craft than run!!

    Robyn....girlfriend, you ROCK! Can you help it if you and your hubby are the cutest couple? I think not!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Robyn, I know I read somewhere in this blog that you've got a Garmin Forerunner (or something like that), but I cannot find it. I just want to ask what kind it is and what you enjoy most about it? I'm thinking of buying myself one - as a treat for my birthday in April! ;)

    Hugs,
    Annie from Sweden

    ReplyDelete