Monday, December 14, 2009

Do it NOW!!!

Do not wait to start on your way to a healthier YOU!!! Yes, this is the time of year to eat lots of yummies & goodies but why not throw in some exercise, too? I wish I would have started doing that years ago instead of just this year!! This weekend we did a lot of our Christmas baking and I enjoyed every last drop!!!! You can still have a great season without depriving yourselves, just make some changes like adding a glass of water, etc.

This morning I decided I wanted to get up at 5:30 am to exercise for 1 hour. Well, the alarm went off and I hit snooze. As I was about to fall back to sleep the radio kept making weird noises on my alarm clock (which means I hit something else when I hit snooze). I took that as a sign that I needed to get my bootie out of bed and just do it!!! I made it to the gym by 5:45 and then ran for 5 miles on the treadmill (my goal was 2!) Then I did 5 different upper body machines for 3 sets of 10 reps. I really need to tone up my flabby arms again!!!

I hope you are all having a fabulous day and I just want you to know that you are worth it!!!! Just do it!!

5 comments:

  1. Robyn thanks for the motivation. I have been saying for a couple of weeks now that Im going to get up and just work out. Well it hasn't happened. I think I needed to see that it can be done and watching you this yr has been inspiring. So I will be on my treadmill walking 2 miles (not anywhere near being able to run yet) once I get the boys home from school.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your are so right. I have to get my booty out of bed to. Thank yoy for the pep talk. i really need it. Tomorrow will be day one again.. thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this I was actually just checking the biggest loser online gallery for some inspiration. I am doing WW but have gained and lost the same 5 pds over and over, so not going in the right direction. I am having the worst time with food. We eat out a lot and now everyone is bringing in junk food to work for the holidays and it's so hard. I wish I hated sweets. lol! Unfortunately I am a stress eater, which is not good. I knew you had this blog so I decided to come here and go back and look at your posts for some inspiration and this was the first post I read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, thanks for the pep talk. I am struggling right now and really needed that inspiration. Tomorrow I have a dr appt (yearly gyn) I really dread it Please pray for me that all will be well and I will get back to a healthier life.

    Thanks,
    Marilyn C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn - so glad to see you posting here again! What a great reminder to just keep everything in moderation over the holidays. Wow for you getting up at 5:30am - I'm still not able to do that {yet}.

    ReplyDelete